This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Fajita Pizza blends the best of two cuisines, Mexican and Italian! You don’t have to feel guilty about this pizza loaded with veggies.
Chicken Fajita Pizza | Absolutely Loaded
Chicken Fajita Pizza. Yes, it has real pizza crust and cheese, but tons of veggies! It’s like skinny Mexico on a pizza. You can make this fajita pizza the simple way with just peppers, onions, and chicken which is pretty tasty in and of itself… BUT… I think you’d like it much better loaded up with all sorts of healthy goodies.
Main Ingredients Needed
There are a couple of components to this loaded chicken fajita pizza. The dough, the sauce, the toppings that are baked, and the cold toppings. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Pizza Dough – feel free to use my pizza dough recipe or use store-bought. Just know that my homemade recipe tastes better and isn’t as hard to make as you think it is. Or you could even try out my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough if you are looking for a healthier option!
- Salsa and Mozzarella Cheese – this is the sauce and cheese to this pizza. Once again, homemade or store-bought salsa, the choice is yours.
- Chicken Breast, Onion, Bell Peppers, Grill Seasoning, and Cumin – this is what makes our fajita mix that is baked on top of the pizza.
- Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cilantro, and Sour Cream – the combination of hot cheesy pizza with cold crunchy toppings makes my tastebuds go a little cray-cray. Especially if a creamy avocado piece is involved. Holy amazeballs Batman.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pizza
Two options, bake or grill your Pizza. I’ll outline how to bake it down below and here is my how-to on grilling pizza (it’s delicious, trust me).
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prep the Dough
Preheat your oven and spread out your pizza dough on a baking sheet with either a Silpat or parchment paper lining it. Line with salsa and mozzarella cheese.
Step 2: Prepare Fajita Mix and Bake
While the oven is preheating prepare your fajita mix by cooking the chicken along with the veggies and seasonings. Spread the fajita mix on top of the pizza and bake until the crust is golden brown.
Step 3: Prepare Cold Toppings
While the pizza is baking, prepare the cold ingredients by washing and cutting them. Once the pizza is done, assemble the cold ingredients on top, cut, and serve!
More Recipes like Chicken Fajita Pizza!
Anyways, you need to jump on this pizza train this week and make it for dinner. It’s really really worth it.
Here’s the printable! Have a good day!
Loaded Chicken Fajita Pizza
For the fajita mix-
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Grill Seasoning for Chicken*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pizza-
- 1 recipe Fail-Proof Pizza Dough
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and spread out your pizza dough on a baking sheet with either a Silpat or parchment paper lining it. Line with salsa and mozzarella cheese.
- While the oven is preheating prepare your fajita mix by cooking the chicken along with the veggies and seasonings. Spread the fajita mix on top of the pizza and bake for 8 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare the cold ingredients by washing and cutting them. Once the pizza is done, assemble the cold ingredients on top, cut, and serve!