Are you invited to a Halloween party that you need to bring a treat to? And you forgot about said party and said treat? I’m not talking about me, I’m asking for a friend…
Anyways, I’ve got you covered.
Rice Krispie Treats to the rescue!
If you’ve been reading my blog for the 7+ years I’ve been writing, you probably recall that I used to eat these unfailingly in college which led to my freshman
15 25. Some might say it was the Sonic onion rings, but I beg to differ.
ANYWAYS, I’ve since reigned in my old habits and rarely make rice krispie treats because when I do make them, I eat them all. Moderation is not my strong point. Ahem.
But clearly I’m desperate for super simple no-bake recipes. So here we are.
This recipe is just the original rice krispie treats recipe found on the back of the box that I topped with melted caramel and salt. It takes 15-20 minutes start to finish and everyone will go nuts for these. #winning
Be sure to get the printable recipe below! Have a wonderful Halloween 🙂
Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
Yield: 16 squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- coarse salt
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice krispie cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered fingers, spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, microwave caramels and cream until thoroughly melted and smooth. Cut into squares and drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with salt.
- Best if served the same day.