This was the batch I made over my crazy stressful weekend just a few days back; do you recall this post? Yeah…don’t want to re-live that for a while. I was vulnerable and had a new bag of peanut butter chips….not a good combination. Obviously things were going to end badly. And by badly I mean very very good.
Also, I would like to state for the record that I am NOT insane, I just have moments of insanity. For instance, on Sunday when I made these and ate nearly all of them. Or on Sunday when my husband and I were breaking and entering. Or on Sunday when I was making these and happened to add in those peanut butter chips I was talking about….and some oats….and an almost empty bag of butterscotch chips…..and an almost empty bag of coconut. CLEARLY I was just cleaning out my cupboards for the greater good. I don’t always go around throwing every Tom, Dick and Harry into my cookies. Now that would be crazy! Right? Riiiiiiiiiight??
Ok that didn’t make sense.
Umm, ok. It totally just got awkward.
ANYWAYS–we love love loved these and if you’re stressed too, feel free to make a batch! You’re welcome 🙂 Oh, and this recipe only makes 1 dozen, so you don’t have to feel bad for eating…..like 10.
To make these cookies, start off with your typical cookie ingredients in a bowl 🙂 Mmmmm….try not to melt your butter in the microwave. Don’t be like me!
Throw these into the oven for 8-ish minutes until the edges are golden and the centers are barely set. Cool them off for 3 minutes and then transfer these to a cooling rack. Or skip the cooling rack and stuff your face.
I promise I’m not crazy.
Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies
Yield: 8 large, 12 small
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in baking soda, salt and flour until just incorporated. Pour in remaining ingredients and stir. Scoop onto prepared pan and bake 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Cool 3 minutes on the pan and remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.