You guys. It’s raining and pouring in Portland. It can’t stop. It won’t stop. Basically, it’s a monsoon.
There’s really no point in putting on makeup, doing my hair or changing out of my sweatpants. It’s cold and rainy, ya’ll. I have no desire to do anything. I just want to hibernate and eat carbs. Not even joking.
Side note: non-waterproof mascara can and will run down your face in the rain…and when it does, it ain’t pretty. This scenario is especially super awesome when you’re out running errands and you literally have NO IDEA that your mascara has actually been on your cheeks and/or chin the entire 5 hours you’ve been gone. #killmenow
This weekend, I tried really hard to do as little as possible. It didn’t happen. But, I did thoroughly enjoy my sweatpants for a good 5 1/2 hours. Small victories. I take them where I can get them.
Also, I somehow managed to eat a plate of rather amazing fries if I do say so myself. I also realized that I need pie shakes in my life. If you are not familiar with pie shakes, just think ice cream + a piece of pie blended together in a shake.
Life = made. Yes and yes. I’ll take 4, please.
ANYWAYS. Easy Pumpkin Cake with Nutella Glaze. This is something that you all need to make. The cake is made in one bowl. You bake it in a 9×13 dish and once it’s done baking, you drizzle a whole lotta warm nutella over the top. It is the definition of a dreamy Fall dessert.
In these pictures, I dumped my cake out onto a serving platter and served it upside down because I wasn’t thinking clearly. I should have just kept it in the pan. Don’t be like me. Keep yours in the pan. And be sure to go heavy on the nutella. That sticky warm mess up on top of the warm cake was my favorite part! Mmmm…..Try this out soon, you guys! It’s divine!
Have a great Monday!
Easy Pumpkin Cake with Nutella Glaze
Yield: 16 servings
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup nutella
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 glass pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, soda, salt, powder, spices and sugar until combined. Create a well in the dry ingredients and measure the remaining wet into the well. Stir together until just incorporated and pour into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserted. Cool 10 minutes.
- Microwave nutella 20-30 seconds until runny. Pour over warm cake and spread. Serve warm.