I feel like this week needs to be over already. I know its only Wednesday, but seriously. I’m exhausted. Why am I so tired, you ask?
We are in the process of switching Blake over to his crib in his room whilst getting him on somewhat of a schedule. I was waiting for homeboy to naturally get into a rhythm I could go along with. Problem is he was hardly sleeping in the day. He’ll sleep a good solid 6 hour stretch followed by another 3 or 4 hours at night but in the day, we’re talking minutes. 20 minutes here, 15 there.
So I’m laying down the law and getting him into a routine….at the same time as getting him used to his crib. Basically, I am insane for trying to attempt this and as you would suspect, neither of us are sleeping very well. But, this phase doesn’t last long (or at least that’s what I keep telling myself), so I’m trying to stay positive….ask me how that’s going.
Actually, don’t. Check back in a week and we’ll see how the progress is going….
Za-za-zucchini! There are so many recipes I’m finding online for zucchini! It’s crazy. Lots of zucchini brownies, zucchini chocolate muffins and stuffed zucchini! Way back when, I posted a pizza stuffed zucchini recipe. Those are the bomb. Totally simple and low carb. Taking that idea last week, I decided to use sausage and peppers and stuff that little mixture into some zucchini for a tasty little meal. Seriously. It was super yummy. And pretty simple too 🙂
Here’s how you do it:
Start by slicing 4 zucchini’s down the middle and scooping out the seeds. You need somewhere for this filling to go! Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake.After about 30 minutes once things start to soften, remove from the oven.Except, while that zucchini is getting all soft and lovely, make your filling! Saute onions, peppers and Italian sausage together in a pan until brown.Add in a little pizza sauce and stir.Stuff this into your par-baked zucchinis! Try to divide it out as evenly as you can.Top with a little mozzarella and bake for another 20-3o minutes.Once the cheese is melted and the zucchini is as crunchy or as tender as you’d like, serve! Super easy to do and makes a great way to use up a lot of zucchini FAST! Here’s the printable:
Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Zucchini
You all know and love Sausage and Peppers. This is a great low carb version that happens to be stuffed into some zucchini! Delicious and a perfect way to get rid of a lot of zucchini fast.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 turkey sausages, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini in half and scoop out seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes.
- While that is baking, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté onions, peppers and sausage until browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, basil, oregano and pizza sauce. Remove from heat.
- Once zucchini is finished baking, fill with sausage and peppers, top with cheese and return to oven to bake. If you'd prefer a crunchier zucchini 10-15 minutes would be sufficient. If you'd like it softer, bake 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.