Salted Caramel Ritz Cracker Ice Box Cake is a dreamy, creamy, no-bake, salty sweet icebox cake! Perfect dessert for summer!
I’ve been trying to get this recipe posted for a while now, but the universe is working against me…as per usual.
Incase you’ve been living under a rock, let me get you updated: we’re moving to New York City on Friday! As in two days. The movers took our stuff last week. We are living on air mattresses. My kids are monsters and sneak into my bed and then kick me without me knowing (until I wake up in pain). The errands I have to run are endless. The things I have to clean are endless. My friends have been stellar and are irreplaceable.
But, we are leaving FRIDAY, so I’m feeling the pressure.
By the time I sit down to type, I fall asleep because it’s usually 1am and I’ve been up since 6. Ah, kids. (This may have had something to do with this post.)
Anyways, my friend Claudia gave me this idea for an icebox cake and lo and behold, it was the freaking BOMB.
You need icebox cakes in your life because:
- you don’t have to bake anything!!!
- it takes a LOT to mess up
- you cover them in lots of cream!!! Best thing everrrr.
- They are easy easy easy to make!
That’s about it.
Of course there could be lots more, but I’ve nodded off 8 times in the last 5 minutes while typing this all out. So, be sure to scroll through the pictures I snapped and grab the printable recipe from the bottom!
Have a great day, friends!!
Any well wishes for our 2469.2 mile drive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, friends!! 🙂
Salted Caramel Ritz Cracker Icebox Cake
A dreamy, creamy, no-bake, salty sweet icebox cake! Perfect dessert for summer!
Yield: 9 large servings or 12 small
- 2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 48 Ritz Crackers
- 2/3 cup salted caramel sauce + more for garnish
- whipped cream
- Line 8x8 glass baking dish with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add in heavy cream, salt and vanilla and whip until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread 16 ritz crackers across the bottom in 3 straight lines. Add on 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Drizzle over 1/3 cup caramel sauce and repeat these layers again as follows: 16 crackers, 1/3 cream cheese mixture, 1/3 cup caramel sauce, 16 crackers, final amount of cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight. To serve, cut into pieces and top with whipped cream and more caramel sauce.