This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These irresistible Mini Turtle Cheesecakes are layers of Oreos, cheesecake, nuts, chocolate chips, and caramel all in one delicious serving.
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes | Super Easy!
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes, do you or do you not want to shove these babies into your mouth for breakfast? Seriously. How can I convince you to come to eat the last 6 of these in my fridge right now? My thighs can’t handle any more of these. Yes, I eat them, and yes I do my best to work them off but there’s only so much running a girl can do! Yikes.
Totally kicking my own trash at the gym today.
BUT, let me just say that as much as I hate certain workouts, these are the kinds of desserts that make it totally worth it!
Oreo + Cheesecake + Chocolate + Pecans + Caramel = need I say more?
best worst part is you can whip these up in 10 minutes flat! TROUBLE, I tell you! All the mini cheesecakes I’ve done take about 10 minutes to make and are just as ridiculous too (see below for more of those recipes).
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need 8 ingredients to make these amazing Mini Turtle Cheesecakes! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Oreo Cookies – this creates the bottoms of these turtle cheesecakes.
- Cream Cheese – creamy and tangy!
- Sugar – to sweeten the cheesecake mixture.
- Egg – used for structure and richness.
- Vanilla – to flavor.
- Pecans + Mini Chocolate Chips – these are both used as toppings.
- Caramel Sauce – use whatever store-bought brand or homemade recipe you like best!
How to Make Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
For full details on how to make Mini Turtle Cheesecakes, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Line 10-12 muffin tins with paper liners and oreos. Everything good and holy starts with oreos!
2. Make the Filling
Scrape some room temperature cream cheese into a large bowl and beat it up to get it all loosey-goosey. Yes, that is a technical term. Pour in some sugar and mix that in too. Then you can stir in the vanilla and plop in an egg. Beat this for 30 seconds or so until a smooth batter forms. Make sure to scrape the sides and mix again briefly.
Spoon this mixture over the oreos and set aside. I have deeper muffin tins, so I only filled 10. Just be aware!
3. Top + Bake
Now for the topping, chop up some pecans and grab some mini chocolate chips too. Sprinkle the tops with both and pop into the preheated oven.
After 15 minutes or so, they should be set and look a little pouffy.
4. Refrigerate + Serve!
After you cool these to room temperature, they should flatten out. Peel the liners off and refrigerate.
Once they are nice and chilled, grab one and drizzle lots of caramel sauce over like there’s no tomorrow. Now DIG in! Hello lover. You taste mighty fine.
Storing Your Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
These individual Turtle Cheesecakes are a wonderful make-ahead dessert because they store so well in the fridge and freezer! Here’s how to do it.
In the Fridge
After your baked cheesecakes have come to room temperature, refrigerate covered for up to one week.
In the Freezer
Take the cheesecakes out from the cupcake pan but keep them in their wrappers. Place into the freezer uncovered for about 4 hours or until it’s mostly solid. Wrap each individual turtle cheesecakes well in two layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil then store in a freezer-safe Ziploc. They will stay good for up to 3 months in the freezer.
To defrost, simply unwrap and transfer to a plate. Cover gently with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to defrost. Once defrosted, top with caramel and serve.
More Mini Cheesecakes to Try!
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Halloween Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Individual Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecakes
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
- No Bake Brownie Batter Cheesecake Cups
- Cookie Dough Cheesecakes
- Pomegranate Cheesecake Cups
- Mini Tie Dye Cheesecakes
These were phenomenal. Loved them to pieces and am scared I’m going to eat the rest single handedly. Send help.
The Girl With No Will Power and/or Self Control
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Place one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, and sugar together until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and whip again until there are no lumps.
- Spoon cheesecake batter over Oreos evenly. Depending on how deep your muffin tins are, you should get anywhere from 9-12 individual cheesecakes.
- Top with pecans and mini chocolate chips. Bake 15 minutes or until completely set. Bring to room temperature.
- Remove paper liners carefully and refrigerate until cold. To serve, place on serving platter and top with caramel sauce.