Hot Fudge Brownie
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for ridiculously decadent brownies, you’ve come to the right place. This Hot Fudge Brownie recipe is SO good, especially with vanilla ice cream!
Hot Fudge Brownie | Brownie Sundae!
What could be better than a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae during the hot summer days? Nothing. This dessert is a monster. So rich, decadent, fudgy, and sweet. Straight up ridiculous, but mama mia, that warm chocolatey brownie with the cold ice cream gets me every.single.time.
Main Ingredients Needed
- Brownies – this can be a store-bought brownie mix made with eggs, oil, and water or make homemade brownies!
- Ice Cream – once again, use the store-bought stuff or if you have the time, make some homemade ice cream.
- Maraschino Cherries – and to top your sundae off, you’re going to need some bright red cherries!
- More Toppings – and to top it all off consider these other toppings! Nuts, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, marshmallows, or fruit!
For the Hot Fudge
- Heavy Cream – this adds creaminess and some essential fat.
- Light Corn Syrup + Brown Sugar – both are used for thickening and sweetening.
- Cocoa Powder + Chocolate Chips – for all of the chocolatey flavor!
- Salt – to balance the sweet.
- Unsalted Butter – if all you have is salted butter, omit the salt.
- Vanilla – for a subtle flavor.
Looking for other chocolate sauces to use on this recipe? I’ve got you covered: Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce, Peppermint Chocolate Sauce, and Chocolate Ganache.
How to Make Hot Fudge Brownies
For full details on how to make Hot Fudge Brownies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Step 1: Make Brownies
Start by stirring a boxed brownie mix together. See? EASY is the name of the game. Pour this into a greased 9×9 dish and pop it into the oven. Lick out the bowl. This is a very important step.
Step 2: Make Hot Fudge
While the brownies are cooking, you can make some hot fudge! Who knew it was so easy to make?! All you do is boil some cream, cocoa, corn syrup, salt, chocolate chips, and brown sugar together. Cook a few minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in some butter, vanilla, and a few more chocolate chips. That’s it! Can you believe it? Yeah, amazing.
Step 3: Spread Hot Fudge
And just like that, the brownies are done! Poke a whole bunch of holes in your brownies and pour on 3/4 cup of hot fudge. Make sure to make a bunch of holes! You want the whole thing drenched!! I used a fork, but if I were to do it again, I’d use something bigger…like the end of a wooden spoon or something. Spread the hot fudge over the warm brownies to make sure it gets into every crevice and let these sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Step 4: Top With Ice Cream
Cut into squares and top with vanilla ice cream. Serve right away and enjoy the heavenly goodness!
More Brownie Recipes to Try!
Here’s the printable. Enjoy!
Hot Fudge Brownie
- 1 box brownie mix + eggs, oil and water
for the hot fudge-
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips divided in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- Make and bake a box of brownies according to package directions.
- While brownies are baking, place cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, and half the chocolate chips into a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir frequently until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and lightly simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining chocolate, butter, and vanilla. Pour sauce into a separate bowl to cool until brownies are done baking.
- Once brownies are done baking, cool 5-10 minutes and poke holes into it. Drizzle 3/4 cup prepared hot fudge overtop brownies and spread to saturate evenly. Sit another 10 minutes or so, then cut into squares and serve with ice cream and cherries.
I made the hot fudge yesterday and it’s amazing! Love it. Had it with my fave brownies, skor ice cream, and whipped cream! So good and so easy.
Tomorrow I’m making your roasted red pepper and goat cheese Alfredo, can’t wait!
I desperately need this as a midnight snack!
When I hear hot fudge brownie sundaes I get all sorts of excited. Best. Dessert. Ever.
I told myself this week I’d start eating healthy. But crap, these look so good all I can think about now is brownies!
Haha, okay just laughed out loud because I’m on a “eat healthy and avoid sugar” phase myself. That’s why I only had one taco tonight 🙂 The image of this dessert is practically killing me right now.
Oh my! These could be the breaking point of my diet. They look delicious!
I need these brownies in my life. Right now! Wow! Love Brooke’s photo 🙂
OMG! All I want right now are these brownies!
Ohhhhhh man, dying over these! These look insane!!
These are my dream! Yum!
I rewatched Felicity after I had my son. I so did not care for the ending. I mean, what is up with that going back in time thing-Whateve! This looks delish!
Yummy! I love this idea! So easy, too 🙂
I didn’t know I wanted a hot fudge brownie until I saw your pictures!!
Friday Night Lights is possibly one of the greatest show on television ever. I will be shocked if your husband hates it.
OMG. YES! These look SO GOOD.
I haven’t had a good hot fudge brownie in ages! PINNING IT!
How much corn syrup?? Making these tonight!
1/2 cup!! Sorry, forgot to put that into the recipe!
Whoa and YES!! These are amazing, Lauren!
Your best post comment yet “Lick out the bowl. This is a very important step.” And there’s Brooke’s picture doing it!! I Laughed Out Loud!