This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I love this crunchy and fresh Thai Chicken Salad The sweet peanut dressing pairs well with the veggies and chicken. Sweet and Spicy. Mmmm…..one of my new favorite salads for sure, next to CPK BBQ Chicken Salad (Copycat Recipe).
Thai Chicken Salad | With Peanut Dressing
This Thai Chicken Salad is pretty stellar with or without chicken. It has a great crunchy aspect to it and is drenched in this sweet and spicy peanut butter dressing. I love my version of this salad in particular because of the veggie combo, the crunch factor, and of course the peanut dressing! Oh my goodness, it’s good!
Main Ingredients Needed
Salads, in general, are usually easy to throw together and this Thai Chicken Salad is no exception. Wash and chop up your veggies, chop your grilled chicken, make the dressing, and drizzle it over the top. Easy peasy! Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Romaine Lettuce- Iceberg lettuce can be used here also.
- Carrots + Radishes- add color and amazing flavors.
- Grilled Chicken Breast– for protein! A rotisserie chicken would work well here too.
- Cilantro– fresh is best!
- Dry Roasted Peanuts + Chow Mein Noodles- adds crunch and flavor.
For the Peanut Dressing
- All-Natural Peanut Butter- the flavor base of our dressing.
- Honey + Soy Sauce- pair well together for a sweet and savory flavor.
- Lime Juice– adds a little citrus kick.
- Red Pepper Flakes– use more or omit depending on your desired level of spicy!
- Hot Water– adds volume and thins out the dressing.
How to Make Thai Chicken Salad | Directions
Because this is a salad, the prep is pretty simple. For full details on how to make Thai Chicken Salad, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Slice & Combine Veggies + Chicken
Wash and slice veggies and combine in a large bowl. Cut Chicken into bite size pieces or strips and add to bowl. Set aside.
Make Peanut Dressing
Stir peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper flakes together. Slowly whisk in hot water until dressing is the consistency you want. Drizzle generously over salad and serve.
Storing Thai Chicken Salad
If you have leftover Thai Chicken Salad, it will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Beyond that, the veggies will begin to loose their crunch, and nobody likes a soggy salad!
If you want to make this ahead of time, you would want to store the salad, chicken and dressing separately.
More Salad Recipes to Try!
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Crunchy Thai Peanut Chicken & Kale Salad
- Chinese Chop Salad
- Asian Chicken & Orzo Salad
Here’s the printable recipe card. Be sure to print/save/pin/bookmark/share this recipe. Enjoy, friends! 🙂
Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 4 cups romaine lettuce washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 grilled chicken breast chilled and sliced, leftovers!
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chow mein noodles
for the peanut dressing:
- 2/3 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- hot water
- Divide all ingredients for salad between two large serving bowls.
- For the dressing, stir peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper flakes together. Slowly whisk in hot water until dressing is the consistency you want. Drizzle generously over salad and serve.