Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo
Yield: 2 large, 4 small servings
- 2 whole red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat free half & half
- 4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
- 2/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1/2 lb. linguine, cooked to al dente
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place red peppers on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until peppers are charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, saute onions and garlic in olive oil 7 minutes or until tender. Pour in half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
- Uncover peppers, peel off skin and remove stem and seeds. Chop into large pieces and place into sauce along with parmesan cheese. Stir to melt cheese and remove from heat. Pour sauce into food processor and puree, or use an immersion blender. Place back into hot pan and toss with cooked pasta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with more parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and parsley, if desired.