My sweet little baby girl isn’t so little anymore!
I’m pulling out some OOOOLLLLDDDD pictures for this blog post so you can see just how incredibly cute this girl was and still is!!
Brooke Elizabeth turned 8 on the 8th of this month while we were at Disney World and had a wonderful day celebrating and giving her a little shopping spree (since we didn’t want to pack toys or any wrapped gifts to take with us to Orlando). Turned out to be *the best* thing for her!
Oh Brooke, Daddy and I love you so so much for so many reasons!
- You are passionate and excited about almost everything.
- You are kind and tender hearted.
- You hesitate to try new things, even though once you try, you usually end up loving whatever it was you were nervous about in the first place. These last few weeks, it was skiing and then making new friends on the cruise.
- You want to do well and help no matter what the task is.
- You like having plans and expectations for your day and you expect others to follow those plans…or else!
- You are decisive in your likes, but can be persuaded to change your opinions of your dislikes (whether you are aware of this or not!)
- You like roller coasters.
- You love to read and are so good at it!
- When you’re in a great mood, you will happily and lovingly play patiently with your brothers.
- You love school and your teacher.
- You have a fun sense of humor.
- You think Daddy is funny (even though he’s super cheesy!!)
- You are so imaginative and creative.
- When you get an idea in your head, you try to make it happen! Your ambition is off the charts.
- You are slowly starting to gain some independence, but still enjoy being with us! We hope that never changes!
- You never fail to keep us laughing (and guessing) with your amazing dance moves.
- You still like to cuddle!!
- You are crafty and always love to draw new pictures and create new things.
- When you have homework, you always want to do it correctly the first time. You work really hard at that.
- You are initially shy at first, but open up after you get comfortable in the situation you’re in.
- You taught yourself how to cross your eyes when you were 18 months old and have been surprising us with hilarious faces at opportune (and a lot of inopportune times) ever since.
When I gave birth to Brooke, I was very young (23) and mentally unprepared for what motherhood was to bring. The first month with a newborn was a crazy, emotional crash course. I was scared to leave my tiny apartment because what if she would start crying and I didn’t know what to do? Cue the tears and the panic attacks.
But after I made it through the four-week fog, I got to know my baby, her personality, her likes and dislikes and since then, it’s been smooth sailing. She was the baby that ran like clockwork and thrived off a schedule. I loved that she took long naps and was always happy!
As she grew, the schedules have changed here and there, but generally, I know what to expect from Brooke’s mood and demeanor every single day.
Since Brooke is one year older and wiser too, I took this opportunity to interview her and ask her all my burning questions. Here are her answers:
FAVORITE THING TO DO?
“Play on my Kindle”
“Swimming and Skiing”
FAVORITE DINNER THAT MOM MAKES?
“Ice Cream Bars”
FAVORITE THING TO DO WITH MOM?
“Go Shopping and cuddle”
FAVORITE THING TO DO WITH DAD?
FAVORITE THING TO DO WITH BLAKE?
“Play cat and doggie”
FAVORITE THING TO DO WITH EDDIE?
“Squish his chubby cheeks”
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE PARTS OF SCHOOL?
“Art, Math and Library”
WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS YEAR?